Saturday, September 15, 2012

Genetics Challenge Episode 13

After a week long hiatus...I'm back! I think Episodes are going to be weekly, now, because I really don't have a lot of time on my hands. I mean, it's not like I'm a time travler...or anything..... but ANYWAY, on to the chapter.... :D


Tom slept alone that night. Not that he wanted the company of his wife anyway...he had some things to work out for himself.


Recap: I forgot to break off the relationship Jade had with a boy she met at prom, and so Tom found out about it, even though they never had any real contact. 


Jade, knowing not where to go, and in a state of dispair, sank onto the couch and fell asleep. She didn't know what she was going to do! It wasn't true, not any of it. She hadn't done anything with the Curious boy since prom...and that had been before she met Tom. 


When she awoke around 1 in the morning, she found her mother sitting next to her, reading a book. "Hey...Mom."
"Do you have anything you want to talk about?" Asked Mint, still not looking up from her book.


"He's...he's delusional!" Jade burst out, "He thinks I'm still with Curious!"

"Well, why would he think that, Jade! Did you give him any reason to think that?" Mint said, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Mom....of course not. I love him. Tom, I mean."


"Jade, I wasn't with Nick for very long; because he was so old....but...he broke it off with his wife for me. If I was on the other end of that...I would be pretty upset too. You gotta think about it from Tom's point of view. He claims he's never loved anyone but you...and to learn that you'd betrayed that; his love, his trust, that would be the worst thing in the world for him."


"But I didn't! If he's this quick to make assumptions...then it means he doesn't trust me! I don't know if I can be with a man who doesn't trust me."

"It's not good to doubt your marriage, honey. Divorce isn't always the best course of action."


"Maybe it's the right one," Jade said miserably, "Maybe I don't really love him. Maybe we rushed into this too quickly."


"I married Nick the day after I met him," said Mint, "We were in love and...I mean, the ole one two helped speed things along...if ya know what I mean." She gave a saucy wink.

"Wha- EW. MOM!"


"My point is, weather you love someone for 50 years or 5 hours, it's still love."


"I guess...you have a point."


"Tom's a good man, even if he's a little con...talk to him. Try to work it our before you give up," Mint looked at her daughter, "and you know what, I changed the sheets in Forest's old room yesterday. It may smell like chemicals but it's better than the couch. Why don't you sleep up there."

"Yea...I'll do that," Jade hesitated, "and...thank's Mom. It's good to have someone to talk to."

"Oh, just go to sleep. You don't need to tell me any of that sappy stuff," Mint said with a smile.


She had an easier time sleeping after that. Maybe it was exhaustion, or maybe it was something else. Anyhow, Jade let her mind go blank and fell into a deep, rejuvenating sleep. He mom was right; she would talk to Tom tomorrow.


As always, thanks for reading! Fun fact: I was listening to Gangnam Style the entire time whilst writing this....that song is somehow extremely catchy.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment