Thursday, March 3, 2011

Must Be Opposite Day.

Confession time: I like to laugh. When I see something funny, it makes my day...which is why I couldn't resist sharing this with you guys.

Click for a bigger picture. (Highly recommended.) 

I clicked on GD over at the sims 3 forums, and couldn't help but notice the names of some of these. 

First off, we've got 'Interesting'. I clicked....it wasn't interesting. Notice it had one view and zero replies. The post was about the eye color of someone's sim. The poster probably could have made a better title, at least. -_-

Next up, 'She's a Freak' and although I expected something...different....it made me laugh. . :D
LOL...OL

Anyway, and so this brings us to the third thing. Generations. For days now, simmers all over the world have been speculating about what is supposedly a new EP (Expansion pack) . Ever since this was leaked on the Sims 3 website, if only for a few hours..minutes..seconds...


Notice the Purple where they claim to have absolute proof and give you a link that takes you to...where? Well, it takes you to the picture I have inserted instead of his signature and as you can see, it says generations.   I do not know what happened with TS3.com. For a while now it seems that they are letting their website slip into disrepair. And then not repairing it....while ( to the great distress of many people ) pushing their advertising campaign for medieval even harder. They gave us all a scare when they took down the #1 spot in the front page slide show a couple days ago and everyone thought it was going to be an announcement for generations...but turned out just to be a different slide for medieval. Furthermore, that it not absolute proof, anyone could have done that or it just could have been the default. 

Which brings me too my other point. The Default. Just like everyone else, I searched  for generations or something similar in google...and I found something alright. I found the first seven entries to be from TS3. They were previous expansion packs that had already come out. And you know what it said under every single one in the description ? It said: (Blue on pic.) "Congratulations! You have successfully registered your Sims 3 Generations game. etc etc etc...." Under every single one. Which brings me back to my point that it might just be the default description that popped up when they reloaded their website. 

I  do not think this is going to go anywhere. Sims 3 has a long history of ignoring it's customers while trying to extort money from them anyway. Shame. Shame on you, EA. The fact remains that they had a lot more supporters when Maxis worked on the game too. Because I think thats where all the humor came from and thats what their fans related to. I must admit, there was much more originality and quirks about the sims 2. And many would say it was better, if not for the superior graphics of TS3. 

The fact remains that this generations thing is probably going to end with some very Angry, disappointed customers and EA will have just lost a giant portion of fans. It's too late, EA. You didn't follow through just one too many times, and now your going to pay the price. 

Also notice that it is one of the most active forums with over 35 thousand views and over 2 thousand responses. At first, the was moving rather like any other forum: "Yay!" "Generations, I can't wait!" But the responses grew with the excitement and it really took off around 50 pages. You couldn't refresh fast enough because every time you did, a whole 'nother page would have been added by the time everything loaded. Around the middle there was still a bit of skepticism, but that died down in favor of giddy anticipation as the California clock reached 2 PM. And then it passed and everyone still insisted it would be announced, they were just running late. And pretty soon, the convention had ended and there was a long list of facts suddenly springing up accounting to why it hadn't been announced. I dunno, here's one: Maybe because it doesn't exist. 

The excitement has died down now and the forum is still moving rather slowly, some believers are still hanging on to the hope that the new EP will be announced soon. Others have given up hope and are trying to convince the other to do the same. 

Me. I followed the trends like everyone else. I went from: Sorry to crush your dreams, but it's not gonna happen!  To: Well, maybe... To: OMG! Sooo, excited. To: Haha, no. It's not gonna happen.  

But even as I went through those stages, deep down, I knew that it was all going to be a big disappointed. 

And so, instead of laughter, my day ended as a big: Oh well...






Edit: Anyway, we all know that if i'm wrong...

let's just say that i'll give myself a smak in the head for you...:P guys.. :P