Monday, October 8, 2012

Election 2012


"This post has gotten a little off topic. I guess it’s just because I can’t believe that this is still an issue. I can’t believe that we still see someone simply as black or white, and not just as human. I was raised by parents who taught me that everyone was equal. That your race meant very little in the scheme of things. That your race might define your culture, and that’s great, but it would never define your abilities or character. So I don’t look at that anymore. I look at candidates’ ideas, beliefs, and intent much, much more than I look at the color of their skin.
Of course, it was a huge achievement that Obama was the first African American to get elected President. I celebrated along with everyone else, because that kind of change is groundbreaking. But now, we should be able to move on. Elect Asians, women, gays. I don’t care. I just want someone to run my country and have some dignity while they do it.
So now that I’ve run around in circles, I guess all I have to say is this: get over it, America. Get over your prejudices, your preconceived notions, your stereotypes. Get over it and vote. And give each other a hug, while you’re at it.
Cappy"

-Cappy @ Writer's Block (Her wordpress blog)

That was taken from a post about the American, 2012, election for president. I completely agree with this statement and the reason I haven't said something like it is because she's written it so much better. I'm not suddenly becoming a political blog about a country you don't live in, so don't worry. :) I just have opinions...strong ones. SO keep calm and carry on; check back next week for more things sims. (Unless you're having an all day breakfast, in which case you are excused, you classy bastard, you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment