Monday, May 9, 2011

Scraping the Sky : Chapter Two

Heh... yea, it's been a while.

Well, here you are: Chapter Two




Dear Diary,

They threw me out at 2 AM. Yes, it may sound like a strange title, but it’s true. I was roughly pushed and shoved and barred from the club. I mean, all I did was dance on a few tables. I might have fallen on their entire stock of Neon Breeze, but I don’t really remember that part of the night too well. This is bad. I just received and e-mail for a court summons; they’re suing me for 100K. Where am I going to get that kind of money?!?! I can hardly support myself! I have 30 days till the trail…

Miserably, Soon to be homelessly yours,
Lola Han.











Yea, I probably should have stuck to studying last night and squashed my notions of freedom. That was a disaster…and I have a hangover. I’ve been getting up past noon for the past few days, trying to pretend that all this doesn’t exist. On top of that, I overslept and missed my logic exam…I’ve failed out of the class. That was something like 50% of my grade. Now, I’ve got no credit, nothing to show for my hard work, and no job not to mention I’m about 100 thousand dollars short of 100K. I’m going to die. Uugg, this bed is horrible. I’ve been getting a terrible night’s sleep.

Not that I sleep at night anyway.

Well…no it’s a silly thought. I saw an ad in the paper yesterday that whoever could defeat the Chess Grand Master of Bridgeport could win the title…and a million dollars, but that’s insane. I could never do it. I decided to give it a try anyway, seeing as it’s my only shot at freedom without debt. I tramped over to the book shelf and got out my battered logic textbook once more. This would be long; it would also be hard.

Over the next couple of days, juice and cereal became my main staple foods. It’s a wonder that I kept a normal weight, but I guess stress was scraping off those extra pounds. In preparation for the chess games, I started practicing doing my hair up in a fancy style. I finally settled on a high ponytail with a bright gold and red bow. My outfit was fabulous, my hair was amazing…I was ready to play some chess!





Pawn to E4…

No comments:

Post a Comment